Thursday, October 23, 2014

Vroom Vroom!

As a first-time contributor to the Shades of Pink romance anthology, I'm honored to be published alongside these other talented romance writers. As part of my promotion for the anthology, I'll be sharing my interviews with my fellow SoP authors.

It's time to get your motors revved with Paint it Pink! My fellow Shades of Pink author C. Deanne Rowe.

NDG: I was reading a little bit about your background on Kallysten's blog. Clearly your becoming a writer was a journey with deep a deep personal connection. I know you did poetry and short fiction, but what motivated you to focus on romance writing?
CDR: The first book I remember making a huge impression on me was The Shivering Sands by Victoria Holt.  I can remember the exact feeling of awe I had when I finished.  I knew I wanted to write like her.  I really didn’t focus on romance writing but it seems the stories I have to tell lend themselves to the Romance Genre.  I love to read a good mystery, but I don’t think I would have a difficult time writing one.
NDG: How did you become a contributor to the Shades of Pink anthology?
CDR: I saw a post from Kallysten asking for contributors for Shades of Pink in 2013.  I am a breast cancer survivor so I felt a deep need to contribute a story and help raise money.  So many people helped me during my journey.  I want to do whatever I can to pay it forward.  I have been cancer free for a little over three years now.  Someday I hope we can find a cure.  Anything I can do to contribute is very meaningful to me.
NDG: Who are your favorite romance authors to read?
CDR: Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of time to read.  Not as much as I would like.  When I do have time, I love to read Nicholas Sparks, Fern Michaels, Lori Wilde. Jill Shalvis and Kristan Higgins.  There are several Iowa authors I love to read also.  I would love to leave my day job and just read and write.
NDG: Your story centers on a classic car. Is this a subject you've written about before, or been interested in?
CDR: The idea for the story came from a plotting session with a friend.  I had to do some research, so I learned quite a bit.  I might have to pick up classic cars as a hobby.  Actually, in my book Southern Sophistication, the heroine is a classic car lover.  I guess I did learn quite a bit. 
NDG: What are the most important attributes you like for the heroes and heroines in your books and stories to have?
CDR: I like to write strong and confident heroines and Alpha male heroes.  I usually end up with a crush on all my heroes.     

Here is an excerpt from my story in Shades Of Pink Anthology, volume 2:


“Welcome, Maddie.”
Her perfume filled the room. It was a nice change from grease and sweat that normally permeated in the air. 
“Mike.  Let’s get this over with.  I have meetings.”
“Can I get you a cup of coffee?”  Mike asked.
“No, thank you.  I’m fine.”
Mike watched as she tried to convince him she was still mad at him.  Her stilettos tapping lightly on the concrete floor, her arms crossed over her body, not too tightly so not to wrinkle her expensive dress.  One hand clutched a matching handbag. 
“The reason I asked you to come here is because I have a surprise for you.”
“You’re giving me back my car?”  Maddie asked.
“Not exactly,” Mike replied.  “Something almost as good.”
The expression on her face turned from one of anger to intrigue. 
“I’m listening.  Continue.”

You can find out more about Deanne's books at www.cdeannerowe.com. You can also find her on Facebook (/cdeanne.rowe ) and follow her on Twitter (@cdeannerowe).

All proceeds from the Shades of Pink anthology go to breast cancer research to find a cure. For a small donation of $5 you can download the book (PDF or e-book) and read all of the wonderful stories in full, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment